- In 2006, Medco Power Indonesia in consortium with Itochu Corporation & Ormat Technologies Inc was awarded to develop the 330 MW Sarulla geothermal Power project by PLN. In 2007 Kyusu Electric Power Co Inc. join as a partner.
- In 2009 the company has received approval from the governor of North Sumatra on the revised AMDAL document, as one of requirement of the project development.
- In 2008-2009, Due to tariff filled since 2005 with the crisis that hit the world, which making the existing tariff is not visible, the consortium proposed a changes proposal or tariffs renegotiation and bank ability clause. Kyushu Electric approved by Government as the member of consortium.
- In 2010 at WGC (World Geothermal Congress) Bali, Government ratified the WGC Tariff between PLN and Consortium as USD 6,79 cent/kWh but the clause negotiation bank ability still discussable until today.
- In 2012, Preparation for the development stage of project design and engineering at Silangkitan, North Sumatra.
- In 2013, Medco Power Indonesia and its consortium members, Itochu, Kyushu, and Ormat through each of its subsidiaries have signed Energy Sales Contract and Joint Operation Contract for 30 years with PT PLN Persero and PT Pertamina Geothermal Energi
- In 2014, Medco Power Indonesia inked US$ 1.17 Billion loan for the development of Sarulla Geothermal Project