- In 2006, Medco in consortium with Itochu Corporation & Ormat Technologies Inc was awarded to develop the 330 MW Sarulla geothermal Power project by PLN. In 2007 Kyusu Electric Power Co Inc. join as a partner.
- In 2009 the company has received approval from the governor of North Sumatra on the revised AMDAL document, as one of requirement of the project development.
- In 2008-2009, Due to tariff filled since 2005 with the crisis that hit the world, which making the existing tariff is not visible, the consortium proposed a changes proposal or tariffs renegotiation and bank ability clause. Kyushu Electric approved by Government as the member of consortium.
- In 2010 at WGC (World Geothermal Congress) Bali, Government ratified the WGC Tariff between PLN and Consortium as USD 6,79 cent/kWh but the clause negotiation bank ability still discussable until today.
- In 2012, Preparation for the development stage of project design and engineering at Silangkitan, North Sumatra.